Verden: Beyond the Gate
Advancing a character beyond “level 1” is as follows. If you aren’t sure what your Character Level (CL) is, take a look here at the Character Level Determination page.
|Base Attack Bonus||300 x CL||
|Base Save Bonuses||100 x CL||
|Base Hit Points||25 x CL||Hit Point|
|Skills||25 x CL||Skill Rank|
|Feats||100 x CL||Feat|
|Special Abilities||100 x CL||Special Ability|
|Class Levels||25 x CL||Class Level|
|Ability Scores||150 x CL||+1 to Score|
A few notes:
- Generally, you must ‘qualify’ for all purchases. This includes prerequisites for feats and common-sense prereqs, like needing Rage before being able to purchase Greater Rage, or whatever.
- Class features that aren’t presented here (or in the Character Creation, for that matter) CAN still be used, and there are methods to go about incorporating them into this system. If you have needs, let me know.
- Important Note - You may or may not have noticed, but there are no Paladin and Ranger Spellcasting traits to purchase, nor is there Psychic Warrior Manifesting. Paladins, Rangers and Psychic Warriors no longer have their own spell/power lists or progression. While I am not quite sure of the reasoning behind this (probably because they normally don’t begin play with Spellcasting ability/don’t get any until higher levels), the ruleset does the following:
- All Paladin Spells are now part of the Cleric Spell list
- All Ranger Spells are now part of the Druid Spell list
- All Psychic Warrior Powers are now part of the Psion Power list
This means that to emulate spellcasting/manifesting for these classes, you must purchases the Spellcasting equivalent.