Verden: Beyond the Gate
Gnome Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, –2 Strength: Gnomes are physically weak but surprisingly hardy, and their attitude makes them naturally agreeable.
- Small: Gnomes are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus (CMB) and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD), and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Gnomes have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Defensive Training: Gnomes get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the Giant subtype.
- Gnome Magic: Gnomes add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against Illusion spells that they cast. Gnomes with a Charisma of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities:
- 1/day— Dancing Lights, Ghost Sound, Prestidigitation, and Speak with Animals. The caster level for these effects is equal to the Gnome’s level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell’s level + the Gnome’s Charisma modifier.
- Hatred: Gnomes receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the Reptilian and Goblinoid subtypes due to special training against these hated foes.
- Illusion Resistance: Gnomes get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against Illusion spells or effects.
- Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
- Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes treat any weapon with the word “Gnome” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Languages: Gnomes begin play speaking Common, Gnome, and Sylvan. Gnomes with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, and Orc.
- Racial Favored Classes: Alchemist, Bard, Druid, Oracle, Ranger, Rogue, Summoner, Wizard
Return to Races